Saturday, October 24, 2009

Day Thirty-Eight: A Simple Sweater, A Sticky Frog

The leaves are falling fast. Finally, after a long, wet summer and fall, we have a few days worth of color on the trees:



Love the red accent halfway up the drive--Wish we had a whole row of these bushes.



 

This is perhaps the season's last spiderwort. 

With so much color around, it seemed like a good day to not try to compete:







My mom cracked me up when she said how jealous she was that she didn't see this RL sweater at Sam's Club. I bought it in gray, red, and off white, of course.

Ralph Lauren sweater: $21; Faded Glory jeans:$15; White Stag earrings: $7 Total: $43

These sweaters are the warmest indoor clothing I have now. I'd wear them every day, but that's a whole other blog.

How wet has it been? We even had frogs trying to get into the house Friday night:

 



Happy Saturday!


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the foliage pictures! I've got some from today, finally, because it finally stopped raining! Cute frog, too, but only because it didn't get into the house. : )

    Oh yes, and yay for the comfy sweater! And for buying in different colors. Must remember to do that when I find things I like!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Do buy things you love in every color that appeals to you. You won't regret it--unless you buy five or six. Then it gets to feel like a uniform. I'm thinking of a particular Faded Glory cotton shirt I bought. Dislike them all now!

    ReplyDelete